As Spring continues to warm our city, it can feel natural to begin seeking out lighter, cooling meals that allow us to stay energized! While I typically prefer to cook my vegetables during the wintertime, raw salads are one of the best ways to get your fibre and vitamins during the months where our bodies crave refreshing meals.
A nutrient-dense springtime salad is one of the best lunches that can provide a large serving of nourishment to see you through your afternoons! Not sure where to start? Here are some baseline ideas to inspire your next vegan salad:
1. The classic Caesar
2. Beet and arugula
3. Chopped kale with lemon tahini dressing
4. Quinoa taco salad with kidney and black beans, cilantro, pumpkin seeds, and bell peppers
5. Arugula with spaghetti squash and tofu
6. Lentil salad with spinach and pomegranate
7. Romaine, cucumber, red bell peppers, and vegan “feta”, sprinkled with lemon juice
What are your favourite salads to munch on in the springtime?