As a yoga teacher, I’ve found immense pleasure in delving into and expanding my knowledge about the practice. From adopting the yogic principles into my everyday life, to studying each pose for all that they have to offer – yoga is my inspiration.
Therefore, each month on the blog I’ll be giving you a taste of what you need to know about a specific pose, in the hopes that my writing will help strengthen and motivate your practice:
This month I’m going to be talking about Eagle Pose:
· Self-Massage: When we cross our arms and legs in eagle, the pressure felt in our fascia gets our blood pumping throughout our body, thus boosting circulation.
· Improved Balance: Working on our balance is something we can all benefit from, especially as we get older!
· Hip Opening: Too many of us struggle with stiff hips. Regular practice of eagle pose allows your hips to open up so that you can be free of any discomfort.
· Loosens Shoulder Joints: Similarly, the arm placement in this pose allows for your shoulders to stretch and create space – loosening them up!
· Increased Focus: Due to the fact that it’s a balancing pose, eagle encourages you to fully stay in the moment and focus on each breath.